Retailers and vendors -- Restrictions -- Violations.
(a) Retailers and vendors shall conduct their businesses subject to
the following restrictions:
(1) Retailers and vendors not possess, place in their stock, have on their premises, sell, or otherwise dispose of any cigarettes to which stamps denoting the tax due thereon have not been affixed;
(2) Retailers and vendors require that properly cancelled stamps are affixed to all cigarettes purchased or otherwise received or accepted by them before they purchase or otherwise become the owner or possessor of the cigarettes;
(3) Retailers and vendors require from the wholesaler at the time of each purchase or receipt of cigarettes an invoice showing the quantity, kind, and price of the cigarettes and the stamps required to show that the tax has been paid, and date of sale or delivery;
(4)(A) The retailer shall keep records showing the description and date of the receipt of each lot of tobacco products, vapor products, alternative nicotine products, or e-liquid products, from whom purchased, and when received on the premises, or any other requirements prescribed by the Director of the Department of Finance and Administration.
(B) The records required under subdivision (a)(4)(A) of this section are subject to inspection by the Department of Finance and Administration and Arkansas Tobacco Control;
(5) The Director of the Department of Finance and Administration may require retailer reports covering receipts and sales of tobacco products monthly or for any other period; and
(6) The retailer shall permit the department and Arkansas Tobacco Control or any peace officer acting under their direction to inspect the retailer's stock of merchandise and premises, including any room or building used in connection with the retailer's business.
(b) Upon a retailer's failure to comply with any part of this section, the Director of Arkansas Tobacco Control may revoke the retailer's permit.
(c) A retailer or vendor who fails or refuses to retain in his or her files invoices of tobacco products, vapor products, alternative nicotine products, or e-liquid products, and stamps, or who fails or refuses to furnish the statements and information or make the reports concerning receipts and sales of tobacco products, vapor products, alternative nicotine products, or e-liquid products, as required by this subchapter or prescribed by the Director of the Department of Finance and Administration, or who violates any of the requirements of this section, is guilty of a violation.