Sec. 8 . (a) A distributor, including a person that sells tobacco products through an Internet web site, must obtain a license under this section before it distributes tobacco products in Indiana. The department shall issue licenses to applicants that qualify under this section. A license issued under this section is valid for one (1) year unless revoked or suspended by the department and is not transferable.
(b) An applicant for a license under this section must submit proof to the department of the appointment of an agent for service of process in Indiana if the applicant is:
(1) an individual whose principal place of residence is outside Indiana; or
(2) a person, other than an individual, that has its principal place of business outside Indiana.
(c) To obtain or renew a license under this section, a person must:
(1) submit, for each location where it intends to distribute tobacco products, an application that includes all information required by the department;
(2) pay a fee of twenty-five dollars ($25) at the time of application; and
(3) at the time of application, post a bond, issued by a surety company approved by the department, in an amount not less than one thousand dollars ($1,000) and conditioned on the applicant's compliance with this chapter.
(d) If business is transacted at two (2) or more places by one (1) distributor, a separate license must be obtained for each place of business.
(e) Each license must be numbered, show the name and address of the distributor, and be posted in a conspicuous place at the place of business for which it is issued.
(f) If the department determines that a bond provided by a licensee is inadequate, the department may require a new bond in the amount necessary to fully protect the state.