Apply For State Tobacco Licenses!

79-3304. License and permit fees and bond;  qualifications for license

(a) The license fee for each biennium or portion thereof shall be as follows:
(1) For retail dealer's license, $25 for each dealer establishment.
(2) For retailer's license on railroad or sleeping cars, $50. Only one retail license need be obtained by each railroad or sleeping car company to permit the sale of cigarettes on any or all of its cars within the state.
(3) For show, carnival or catering license, $50 for each concession.
(4) For resident retail dealer's temporary license for a place of business of a temporary nature, $2 for each seven days or portion thereof.
(5) For wholesale dealer's license, $50 for each dealer establishment. No wholesale dealer's license shall be issued until the person applying therefor has filed with the director a bond payable to the state of Kansas in such an amount as shall be fixed by the director, but in no event less than $1,000, with a corporate surety authorized to do business in the state of Kansas, and approved by the director. If a wholesale dealer is unable to secure a corporate surety bond, the director may issue a license to such wholesale dealer, upon the wholesale dealer furnishing a personal bond meeting the approval of the director. Such bond shall be conditioned on the wholesale dealer's compliance with all the provisions of this act during the license period.
(6) For vending machine distributor's license, $50.
(7) For manufacturer's salesperson license, $20 for each salesperson. The manufacturer's salesperson shall, with respect to each sale made to a retail dealer, make and deliver to the retail dealer a true invoice wherein such salesperson shall insert the name of the wholesale dealer from whom such salesperson secured such cigarettes, together with such salesperson's own name and the name of the retail dealer purchasing the cigarettes.
(8) For vending machine operator's license, no fee.
(9) For vending machine permit, $25 for each permit.
(b) An application for any license required under the provisions of this act may be refused to: (1) A person who is not of good character and reputation in the community in which such person resides;  or (2) a person who has been convicted of a felony or of any crime involving moral turpitude or of the violation of any law of any state or the United States pertaining to cigarettes or tobacco products and who has not completed the sentence, parole, probation or assignment to a community correctional services program imposed for any such conviction within two years immediately preceding the date of making application for any of such licenses.

Some of Our Clients Say...

  • I need help keeping my license!
  • I don't know if I'm paying the right taxes!
  • I need help with a refund on my taxes!
  • I have questions about the tax laws for tobacco!
  • I have a tobacco tax audit!
  • I want to apply for state tobacco licenses!
Can you relate to any of these? Good News! 
We Can Help!
Our mission is to help you get the refund you deserve.

Contact Us Today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.