For the purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the respective meanings ascribed by this section:
(1) Wholesale dealer and jobber. Persons, firms, or corporations who buy tobacco products direct from the manufacturer or an affiliate of the manufacturer and sell at wholesale only, any one or more of the articles taxed herein to licensed wholesale dealers, jobbers, semijobbers, and retail dealers for the purpose of resale only.
(2) Retailer dealer. Every person, firm, or corporation, other than a wholesale dealer or jobber, who shall sell or offer for sale any one or more of the articles taxed herein, irrespective of quantity or amount, or the number of sales; and all persons operating under a retail dealer's license.
(3) Semijobber. Persons, firms, or corporations who buy tobacco products from permitted wholesalers or obtain tobacco from any other source and sell at wholesale any one or more of the articles taxed herein to licensed retail dealers for the purpose of resale only.
(4) Stamps. The stamp or stamps by the use of which the tax levied under this article is paid and shall be designated Alabama Revenue Stamps.
(5) Cigars, cheroots, stogies, etc. A roll for smoking that is of any size or shape and that is made wholly or in part of tobacco or any substitute therefor, irrespective of whether the tobacco is pure or flavored, adulterated or mixed with any other ingredient, if the roll has a wrapper made wholly or in part of tobacco.