For the purposes of this chapter, the following terms shall have the respective meanings ascribed to them by this section:
(1) PERSON. Individuals, firms, corporations, partnerships, companies, or other agencies, associations, incorporated or otherwise, singular or plural.
(2) WHOLESALE SALE. A sale of tangible personal property by wholesalers to licensed retail merchants, jobbers, dealers, or other wholesalers for resale and does not include a sale by wholesalers to users or consumers, not for resale.
(3) NET TAX PROCEEDS. The entire proceeds from the tax herein levied less cost of collection, refunds, grants and credits as may be authorized by law.
(4) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(5) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Revenue of the State of Alabama.
(6) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Department of Revenue of the State of Alabama.